Spring is here! Isn't it?
Yesterday and today we have had a surprise visit from warm weather. Just a few days ago it was wintry and windy, around 45 degrees. Today's forecast is for 75!!! The grass is suddenly green and the bushes in the front yard have sprouted their new leaves. Maybe it was because we moved in the middle of winter, and have been so darn cold in our drafty house with sub-standard heating, but I am so happy I could sing a little song.

What I'm looking forward to the most about spring is how much fun its going to be in our neighborhood. Previously I reported that there are 7 three year old foreigner kids in the immediate vicinity. I have heard that the number is up to 9 but haven't met the new kids. Right within three houses of us there are two families with 3-year old girls. Now that the weather is warm, there's going to be lots of fun playing after school and on weekends. I'm going to try to buy a swing for the yard, and a bbq!

Yesterday after school we played in the backyard of our Swedish friends three houses down. The girl with curls is Ida, the dark haired girl is Leonie, who lives across the street. They both have older brothers. Ida's mom and I are friends and have been running, taking yoga classes, and studying Mandarin together.


The girls all go to the same preschool (though Ida and Leonie are not in Vivi's class) and are wearing their red uniform jackets (which they just got yesterday). The boys go to a different school and I think its just coincidence that they are also wearing red.



1 Comments:
There's something just so dang cute about little children playing together. It's as if their little universes intersect for a while and there really is world peace.
10:52 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home