I'm a big girl now

February 12, 2009

The hiatus is over

Two months and twelve days after I packed up my studio and left Korea I finally made a new design and a new bag. This one is just a prototype, out of misfit leather (only misfit because I had a hard time being inspired by its brilliant blue color), but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The front and straps are leather, the back is canvas, and the lining is cotton. It has two big pockets on the back, several pockets on the interior, a tough reinforced base, and lots of cool decorative stitching. Its a little minimalist and unconstructed in style, not girly and not fancy. It'll be showing up in my Etsy shop soon, hopefully within a week.


I am a little reluctant to cut up my stockpile of leather because I just don't know when I'll be able to get more. But I really want to open my Etsy shop again, so I have not much choice. My goal is to find production help here in Qingdao. Ideally I would find a sewer or two to contract production with, so that I can focus on designing (which I love) and marketing (which I don't love as much but it needs doing).

The problem I face right now is where to start? It is so hard to start from scratch. Again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I'm digging the circular stitching a lot - I think this design is going to be a hit.

12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home