Check out my new bucket!
On a visit to Thailand a couple of years ago, I purchased a bunch of traditional Thai rattan footballs. They're fun to play with, and I used to have them displayed in a large Indonisian basket that I got from my Indonesian friend Alice. Somehow, in the move, the basket got lost, so I've had these balls bouncing around the house ever since. Today I went to a Chinese antique and furniture shop to look at the furniture and found this *fabulous* bucket! Perfect for my kickballs!

The bucket is over 100 years old and is in pretty much 100-year old condition. Its original purpose was for washing fish before cooking. I thought I was buying it as-is, but after I bought it today a craftsman working at the shop as a restorer added a brass band around the bottom to give it strength. I think it is simple and beautiful. And a perfect home for my Thai kickballs.


1 Comments:
That is a beautiful bucket, all right! Good shopping!
1:12 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home