I'm a big girl now

June 3, 2009

Twirly dresses

These days, Vivi will only wear "twirly dresses" to school. Or at home. Anywhere. She only has two of them, which poses an obvious problem. I set out to remedy the situation by making her a new one, based on my mom's girl's dress pattern, using some beautiful summer cotton I bought while last in Beijing.

I changed the pattern, though, because I'm too lazy to sew buttonholes. Sorry, Mom. instead, I cut the front bodice on the fold, then added a slash neck and a tie closure. Worked out rather well!

I have some sweet photos of her testing the twirl characteristics of the dress. I can't post them here because of the blockage of Blogger by the Chinese, and now I can't post them to Flickr, either, for the same reason (as of yesterday, China has blocked Flickr, Twitter, and Hotmail. Wonder what's next: gmail and Skype, probably.) Sorry about that! Maybe later!

3 Comments:

Blogger JuliaMae said...

I'm sure your mom would be proud of you for creating a new pattern, and that she would love to see Vivi's new dress, if only.......

1:36 AM

 
Blogger juliamae said...

Vivian, I'm bringing you some twirly things when I see you this fall. Just don't grow too much till then. Love ya.
Grandma JayJay

2:54 PM

 
Blogger armando said...

mimi always called them spinnie dresses.

1:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home