Ni Hao, Kai Lan!
If you have kids and cable and allow them to watch TV (I know some of you don't!), you might have seen already our favorite new kids program: Ni Hao*, Kai Lan!

Kai Lan is a little Chinese girl with lots of animal friends, a charming grandfather, and a good bit of emotional maturity for a child her age. Kai Lan capitalizes on the success of Dora the Explorer by using a similar bilingual format, only here the language is Chinese, not Spanish.
Anyway, I'm not much of a TV critic, but Kai Lan is a refreshing departure from the usual (i.e., Disney princesses, gag, don't get me started on the Disney princesses!). Check her out on Nickelodeon (I think!).
*Ni hao = hello or some such greeting


1 Comments:
Clara got one Disney Princess coloring book from her grandmother and it was all over. She's never seen a movie and the only TV she's watched was the opening ceremony of the Olympics, but she knows the name of every insidious Disney princess and talks about them as if she had a DVD player in her room or something! It's very embarrassing. They are so trampy I can hardly stand it. Kai Lan looks a lot cuter!
1:27 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home