Furnished, finally
Our apartment is almost completely furnished. We have settled in nicely and are quite comfortable. In some ways, its been fun furnishing a house using someone else's money. Its also been frustrating, though, trying to find what we want here when we don't speak the language and aren't used to the Korean sensibility. We have made a lot of progress, though.
This is the main room viewed from two different angles. I haven't been able to get a good picture that shows the enormous living room windows because the light from the window overwhelms the photo.


The kitchen and dining areas adjoin the living room. The kitchen is quite functional and pleasantly modern. We both have one complaint: the fume hood over the stove is at the perfect height (i.e., way too low) for us both to crack our heads on. We are acquiring subconscious hood avoidance skills. The sink also has a strange little centrifuge in place of a garbage disposal. Korea really has recycling down to an art, including the recycling of food waste. The purpose of the centrifuge is to remove the moisture from the food waste before recycling.

Vivi's room is a work in progress but for now, its a little dull but not bad. I'm working on finding crib bedding and wall decor to brighten it up a bit.


The master bedroom is one of my favorite rooms. Its large but simple and spare. The feature I like best is the ante-room that doubles as my reading room/sun room. Its separated from the main room by the translucent sliding doors, and I have outfitted it with a comfy chair, side table, and lamp. I'm also growing my favorite herbs there, as they are not available here.

Labels: home, uniquely Korea


1 Comments:
Kiley
We haven't met but your mom and I talk all the time on the internet. I love the way your home is decorated. Vivian is about a month older than my very first grandchild, Henry. Henry was born on Dec. 8th,2005 and lives with my son, Harley,and his wife, Carrie. Harley is an architect with Yost, Grube, Hall and Carrie is an elementary teacher at Menlo Park Elementary. Vivian's hat is so adorable. You are lucky to have your mom....we will meet this summer for the first time in August. My whole family including Henry will be staying at Metolius River Resort mid August. I truly enjoy sharing moments with your mom.
Karen Cowan
Vivian is a darling baby girl.
5:21 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home