I'm a big girl now

December 20, 2008

Painted Ladies

I saw these colorful apartments today when visiting the fabric market* for the first time. My friend told me that they'd been painted for the occasion of the Beijing Olympics (the sailing events were held in Qingdao). I thought the colors and motifs most fetching...beats the heck out of Socialist Grey.


*I hope there's another fabric market because I have to say, they can do better!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger juliamae said...

Thanks, Vivi, for this peek at a new view of China. The painted ladies are much different from the ones in San Francisco,
Ashland, and other old US cities. I think they are beautifully done.

8:54 AM

 
Blogger yaffa said...

Glad that you like the paint. The place is called Taidong and i suppose it is the most attractive place for young ladies in Qingdao.

11:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home