I'm a big girl now

July 6, 2007

Speaking of which...


...Meet my new friend. I don't know her first name, but her last name is Janome and she, too, is a foreigner in Korea. She's Japanese, and only about 7 years old. We have a little trouble communicating sometimes, but I usually can eventually figure out what she's trying to say and it gets easier and easier to work with her. I think she's from a privileged background and that others have spent a lot of money on her in the past. I found her in a dusty old Korean sewing machine shop, patiently waiting for someone to notice her. She's quite healthy and fit. (Don't tell her that she was quite inexpensive to acquire, though. It might not be good for her self-esteem). The good news is that since she's a foreigner, too, she can come home to the U.S. with me (because she runs on 110 electricity). If she had been Korean, she would run on 220 and would have had to stay behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home