I'm a big girl now

May 8, 2007

Kiley's getaway

It used to be that when I needed a little getaway, I'd go to the beach with my gals. Now, getting a weekend getaway means leaving Bruce and Vivian in Busan and going to China. Last weekend my friend Brenda and I flew to Beijing for 4 days. We did some sightseeing, eating, shopping, and best of all, we spent the night on the Great Wall of China! We watched the sun set and rise over ancient watchtowers, ate an amazing home cooked meal with the locals in the tiny little village of Jinshaling, slept on the stone cold (and hard) floor, and hiked 10 km on largely unrestored sections of the wall. The area we visited is one of the least touristed areas so most of the time we were alone on the wall (unlike at other areas of the wall where there are always crowds).


Another experience of a lifetime! I am so fortunate!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger juliamae said...

So glad you are able to do fun, athletic jaunts, Kiley.

Judy

2:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home