I'm a big girl now

February 6, 2006

Vivi's new home

We're here in Busan and we're getting settled in our new apartment, Merville 1202. We don't have much furniture yet, but we should get furnishings within the next week or two. Looking out our window, this is a little bit of what you see:


But you don't see the view until you get to the window. To get there, first you hold your key card to the sensor to unlock the door:


Then you open the door into the foyer:



Leaving the foyer, you walk through the entrance hall into the main room:

Here's Bruce and Vivi sitting together on the only chair we have: a La-Z-Boy rocker Bruce bought for us, to sit in and rock as she eats.

The entire far wall is a giant window with the view shown above. We have the same view in the master bedroom, the bathroom, and the office. The floors are really pretty wood, and the entire apartment is heated through radiant heat through the floor. Passing through the living room, you come to the kitchen, which I have to say I love, despite its quirks:


I have a growing sense of how good our quarters are and I really appreciate the lengths Nike goes to make us comfortable here. Its really quite a lovely apartment and I think we'll be quite comfortable here for the next three years, especially once we get our furniture. We have it picked out and ordered; it should arrive in the next week or so.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home